Trilinos Product Manager
Contact: Curtis Ober
The Trilinos Product Manager serves as a single point of contact for Trilinos stakeholders. The Product Manager provides an important role that crosscuts the product areas and facilitates a more coordinated effort to user support for our customers.
- Serve as single point of contact and customer liaison for stakeholders.
- Improve communication with stakeholders and identify key issues.
- Help gather and prioritize requirements from stakeholders.
- Communicate these to Product Area Leads
- Product Manager will coordinate these interactions as a whole for the Trilinos project.
- Improve and coordinate Strategic Planning
- Help develop plans/directions for Trilinos software product.
- Help develop prioritized list of stakeholder requests.
- Assist management in prioritizing internal funding decisions.
- Monitor and track key stakeholder issues.
- Work with Product Area Leads to chart new directions for Trilinos.
- Stakeholders can and should still engage product leads individually. However if a request/issue requires significant effort, the Product Manager should be included in the discussion.
- Develop and improve internal Trilinos structure
- Improve configuration, build and running with Trilinos.
- Improve deployment and testing (e.g., incorporating stakeholder requirements)
- Manage cross product-area changes to Trilinos (e.g., removal of UVM and Epetra)